One of the best ways to build great relationships with your customers is to publish a newsletter. This, however, can become difficult if you don’t have the proper tools. Without automation, it’s cumbersome to email large numbers of people. There are a couple of solutions to this dilemma. In this article, we’ll be looking at two possibilities -bulk email software and an auto responder service.
Thunder Mailer is one of the leading bulk email software that you can download and install on your computer. This is a reasonable and feature-rich way to send newsletters or any type of email to your subscriber base, no matter how large or small it is.
Let’s look at some of the leading features and benefits of Thunder Mailer.
- Simple to Install and Use – You can download the software to any Windows based computer and use the “3 Steps Wizard” to guide you through the process of creating and sending emails.
- Send Unlimited Emails – This is one of the main benefits of this software. No matter how large your list grows, you can send as many emails as you want at no additional cost.
- Filter Your List – The filtering feature lets you remove bounced emails, spam and unsubscribes to keep your list clean and up to date.
- Personalize Your Messages – You can create personalized messages that help you communicate more effectively with your subscribers.
- Affordable – You can download and own Thunder Mailer for $69 only and this is a one-time fee. Unlike subscriber services, there’s no monthly billing to worry about. Presently, there is a 20% discount being offered for the software, which brings the price down to $55.20.
- Test it for free – You can download a free version of Thunder Mailer to see how it works and find out how you like it.
While Thunder Mailer has many advantages, many people are accustomed to using monthly services, often called autoresponders to email their newsletters. There are many options of this type, a few good examples are MailChimp, GetResponse and of course, AWeber.
Let’s take a closer look at AWeber this time.
AWeber is a popular autoresponder service that is used by many businesses. It provides many useful features and offers pricing based on the size of your subscriber list.
Some of the reasons that people like AWeber include:
- Many newsletter templates to choose from – Makes it easy to create and customize your newsletters.
- Easy to create signup/opt-in forms to build your list.
- Support and knowledgebase – Lots of articles and videos to teach you how to use all the features.
- Use it for $1 for the first month – You can test AWeber for a dollar. After that, the price goes up to $19 per month.
AWeber is a favorite among online marketers and others who publish newsletters. It does, however, have some drawbacks. One of these is the cost. While $19 per month may not sound like a lot, that is still $228 per year. More importantly, that price is only a base fee that covers your first 500 subscribers. After that, you will be billed additional fees which go up rather exponentially!
For example, if you have up to 2,500 subscribers, the price goes up $10. When you have up to 5,000 subscribers, it goes up another $30 and so on. So, as your list grows, the cost of using AWeber keeps going up.
Which Newsletter Option is The Best?
Both bulk email software such as Thunder Mailer and services such as AWeber have their advantages and drawbacks. To some extent, it comes down to which you’re more comfortable with.
If you have a large list, however, or plan to build one, it’s worth considering that Thunder Mailer lets you send unlimited emails for a one-time fee. With services such as AWeber you will be permanently paying a monthly fee, and this will keep rising as your list grows. That’s why many savvy newsletter publishers use reliable bulk mail software like Thunder Mailer as an alternative to autoresponders.
If you asked me which option do I prefer, I would tell you that I vote for Thunder Mailer, as this is obviously a better choice for long term. I do not want to keep paying monthly fees for an emailing service!
Check out Thunder Mailer at Thundermailer.com and AWeber at Aweber.com.